Do You Have Any Questions?

Get answers to our most frequently asked questions below. 

You own your policy and can keep it until age 99. In order to continue your policy, a continuation packet must be completed and returned to our office within 60 days of your last paycheck. After 60 days, your policy is terminated and cannot be reinstated. The continuation packet may be found here.  
If I continue my policy after leaving my current employer, how do I pay for it?  
A monthly deduction is set up on your checking account. You will need to complete a continuation packet  in order to set this up. 

A name change can be made using this form.

You can update your address using this form. It is crucial to keep your address current with our office in the event that we need to contact you regarding your policy.

If you are going to take a leave of absence from work, you will need to contact Western Insurance directly to set up direct monthly payments to continue your coverage. During a leave of absence, your premium will not be automatically deducted from your paycheck. If payments are not made directly to Western, your policy will be terminated for non-payment and cannot be reinstated.

You can remove your spouse’s coverage by using this form. Only your current spouse or domestic partner is eligible for coverage. In the event of a divorce, you will need to remove your spouse’s coverage, as they are no longer eligible to be paid if a claim is filed. 

You can add your spouse to your policy within the 30 days following your marriage if you want a guaranteed issue policy (no physical or medical questions). After 30 days, you can still add your spouse to your policy, but a short health questionnaire is required.

You can update your primary and contingent beneficiary using this form.

All of your children are covered through this policy up to age 19 or 25 if they are full-time students. They become ineligible after that and would need to be removed from your policy. Please note they do not automatically get removed from your policy once they age out. You will need to remove child coverage from your policy using this form.

You can find the entire group policy certificate under Life Insurance Policy Certificate on our forms page.

Yes, you can cancel your policy at any time using this form. Please note that once you cancel your coverage, you are no longer eligible to reinstate the policy. 

Your cancellation is effective on the next billing cycle. This means that you may still be charged for your policy the month after you fill out the change form, depending on when your specific billing date is. If you have questions about your specific billing cycle, please contact us at  1-800-342-0707 Ext. 1.